James Purdey & Sons

James Purdey & Sons are a British icon for quality receiving its first Royal Warrant in 1868.

In 1882 the company moved to new prem­ises at 57-58 South Audley Street, where the company is still situated today. At this time the premises also included gunmaking workshops and cartridge loading facilities.

BLDA acted as architects, planning consultants, party wall surveyors and rights of light surveyors in the total refurbishment of James Purdey & Son’s Mayfair headquarters. The building was refurbished from basement to roof while maintaining trading from the ground floor premises throughout.

High quality flats and duplex apartments were created at the upper levels. The basement was refurbished as high quality offices and a gun room.

The ground floor is a shop with a specialist showroom and client area behind.